Journal of Law, Finance, and Accounting (JLFA) 2022 Conference Announcement and Call for Papers
July 14 & 15, 2022
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona School of Management (Spain)
The Journal of Law, Finance, and Accounting (JLFA) is pleased to announce that its 11th conference will be held in person at the UPF-BSM (Barcelona, Spain) on Thursday, July 14, and Friday, July 15, 2022. The conference is hosted by the UPF-BSM and co-organized by the Faculty of Economics and Management (University of Bozen-Bolzano), the Department of Economics and Management (University of Padova), and the Dept. of Economics & Business at Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
JLFA is an interdisciplinary journal sponsored by the Stern School of Business at NYU and the NYU School of Law. It seeks to publish top-quality empirical, theoretical, and policy-oriented scholarship at the intersection of law, finance, and accounting. Prior JLFA conferences were held at New York University (2014, 2019), Hong Kong Polytechnic University (2015, 2017, 2019), Harvard University (2015), Northwestern Law School (2016), London Business School (2017), the University of Padova (2018), and Bocconi University (2020).
JLFA is an open-access publication. Articles published on JLFA can be downloaded free of charge from www.jlfaonline.com.
Paper Submission Procedure:
You are invited to submit your original, unpublished papers for presentation at the conference. Accepted articles will be eligible for expedited review and consideration for publication in JLFA. When choosing papers for presentation at the conference, we will prioritize papers the authors wish to submit to JLFA for consideration for publication. The decision to publish is at the discretion of the editors.
We are interested in research that will be of interest to scholars in more than one of our core disciplines. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The impact of the structure of the legal system, including legal origins, procedural rules, and the legal environment in general, on the evolution of financial contracts, financial markets, business enterprises, and business groups.
- The impact of legal and market institutions, including accounting, on financial markets and corporate actions, innovation, economic growth, and stability.
- The coevolution of the legal rules and market institutions that govern financial sector activity,that activity itself, and the nature of the broader economy and financial markets.
- The regulation, organization, and performance of financial institutions.
- The relationships between the structure and performance of financial institutions, the performance of these institutions, and the overall performance of financial markets and economies.
- The interplay between legal rules, accounting regulations, corporate governance, firm performance, cost of equity and debt capital, financial market performance, and economic performance.
- The political economy of regulation of corporate governance, financial institutions, and financial markets.
- Accounting, finance, and legal issues related to ownership and property.
We are particularly interested in papers examining regulations triggered by the Covid-19 and their effects on corporate actions, disclosures, other market metrics, etc.
The JLFA Executive Editors:
Viral Acharya | NYU Stern School of Business
Barry Adler | NYU School of Law
John Armour | Oxford, Law Faculty and Said School of Business
Bernard Black | Northwestern Law School & Kellogg School of Management
Mark DeFond | University of Southern California
Joshua Ronen | NYU Stern School of Business
Stefano Rossi | Bocconi University
Oren Sussman | University of Oxford
The Organizing Committee:
For questions about the submission process or substantive issues, please get in touch with any organizing committee member.
Amedeo Pugliese | University of Padua & Universitat Pompeu Fabra (email@example.com) Jordi Perramon | UPF-BSM ((firstname.lastname@example.org)
Joshua Ronen | NYU Stern School of Business (email@example.com)
Massimiliano Bonacchi | Free University of Bolzano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mircea Epure | Universtitat Pompeu Fabra & UPF-BSM (email@example.com)