EMERGING RESEARCHER CONSORTIUM 2024
Applications are now welcome to attend the Emerging Researchers Consortium in Accounting. This 2-days event will be conducted by Prof. Regina Wittenberg Moerman (University of Southern California, US), Prof. David Veenman (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands), and Prof. Matthias Breuer (Columbia Business School, US).
Relevant Questions, Substantive Theory, and Carefully Executed Designs: Searching for the Fit
The ERC aims to expose emerging scholars to the most current and both theoretically and practically relevant research trends in accounting. The three sessions are conducted by top-quality researchers in different fields; the informal sessions will let participants interact and get feedback on their research projects.
Each session will feature the following format:
- a masterclass led by the resident faculty on a specific topic in accounting
- a presentation round in which early-stage researchers will present their work and receive feedback from the audience.
The consortium is open to all PhD students and emerging researchers (max three years from the award of the PhD) in accounting. Applicants should submit a summary (max 2,000 words) of their research project (either a working paper or extracts of the PhD thesis) before April 5, 2024
The submission should be structured (preferably) as follows:
- Motivation/Research Questions
- (Theory and Hypotheses Development (do not use too much space to review extant literature but motivate your hypotheses/propositions);
- Methods and Research Design. We expect this to be a substantial part of the submission. Discuss the data-gathering process, introduce key variables and illustrate the analyses you intend to carry out;
- Expected Results & Contribution. A preview will suffice.
Attendance at the ERC attracts a fee of € 200.
We encourage all those in attendance to stay on for the Accounting Workshop (June 27-28).
Application & Registration Info
Date of ERC June 26-27, 2024
Venue Abbey of Neustift-Novacella (Vahrn-Varna, Bozen-Bolzano, Italy)
ERC & Workshop Fee € 200
Deadline Submission of Applications April 5, 2024
Notification of Acceptance May 5, 2024
Registration Deadline June 18, 2024
For information and submissions of applications: Luca Menicacci (email@example.com)